2013 Toyota Rav4 Launched in UAE
Abu Dhabi, UAE - Al Futtaim Motors unveiled the new Toyota Rav4 on Sunday 13th January at Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi. The event was attended by over 100 people including journalists, PR professionals and management officials from Al Futtaim Motors and Toyota Middle East Representative Office.
We were escorted from Al Badia Golf Club in Dubai, in shiny Land Cruisers to the launch event. We had brief presentations and Q&A session with the senior management, after which the Rav4 was unveiled.
The fourth generation Rav4 has technological and design changes, both interior and exterior, please find below 3 key changes to be noted:
1. The engine is now coming only in one option, 2.5L 4 cylinder
2. The rear trunk door is now a liftgate style door instead of a side opening door. The previous spare tyre which used to be on the door is now under the boot cargo space, as is the trend nowadays with most SUV's.
3. It is now a 6 speed transmission while the earlier model was a 4 speed
1. Exterior styling from the front is much better compared to the last generation, a much sportier design
2. Interior minimalism is noticeable, you don't see buttons everywhere, it's quite simple, with minimal controls
3. While the "maximum cargo space" with all seats folded is claimed to be class - leading at 2,075L, the cargo space with all seats folded is yet to be known
4. Rear passenger "knee room" is increased by 9mm, however it's still unknown how much leg room has been affected
- Complete specs, features and prices of all 2013 Toyota Rav4 trims for Middle East and GCC market!